Weekly Jewellery Classes – Level: Beginners and Returners
Times – Tuesdays 6.15pm – 8.45pm
9th January – 26 March 2024
Half Term: 12th – 16th February 2024
Total number of classes: 11
Join us for a 11 week block of silver jewellery making classes. Complete beginners and experienced makers alike are welcome in our buzzing creative studio!
Beginners will be guided through our curriculum by one of our professional jewellery tutors. You will learn all the basics of sawing, texturing, shaping and soldering, including ring making and basic stone setting techniques in your first term. You’ll begin using copper or brass to make a collection of samples, and then move on to make a finished project of your choice, such as a ring, pendant or earrings, in sterling silver.
Our returning students will be offered demonstrations in more advanced techniques, allowing them to gradually build their portfolio of jewellery making skills. You can choose which of these new techniques you would like to carry forwards as you work on your own personal projects in class, and you have access to our extensive selection of tools and equipment to do so. Techniques vary from term to term, and include subjects such as casting, etching, intermediate ring making techniques, and much more!
If you need a bit of help coming up with new ideas, don’t worry, our tutors are always on hand and we also have an extensive library of jewellery books. We also have a Pinterest page jam packed with inspiration!
The Tutors: Our team of experienced and friendly tutors support makers of all levels and experience. You benefit from the expertise of two professional tutors in every class. Find out more about our amazing team here.
Included in Course Cost:
- 11 weekly classes of 2.5 hours each
- Base metals used to complete samples and projects in class
- Use of tools and equipment
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
Excluded From Course Cost:
- Silver bullion and findings. We will guide you in what to buy and where to buy it, and you can take advantage of our supplier discounts
What to Bring & Wear:
- A notepad and pencil for taking notes
- Don’t forget your glasses if you need them
- Always wear closed toe shoes in the studio (no sandals!)
- An apron. Since you are with us for a while maybe you would like to wear a professional CSSJ apron to really feel at home! Available to purchase here.
- A lidded coffee cup
- You can pay for your class in full or in two instalments. The first instalment is a non-refundable deposit, and your full balance must be settled two weeks before classes commence.
- CSSJ will not replace any missed classes, so please ensure you are able to attend before booking. We have a Facebook page where students are welcome to arrange swaps amongst themselves, but tutors and staff at CSSJ cannot facilitate swaps or replacement classes for you.
- No refunds or exchanges will be offered for partially completed courses