By offering subsidised places on our workshops we aim to remove cost as a barrier to participation, enabling access for all to creative learning opportunities. We hope to encourage engagement locally and welcome participation from those who otherwise might not be able to participate. Subsidies are supported by ongoing fundraising activity including grants from private trusts and public funding bodies, and from community giving through our ‘Pay It Forward’ scheme.
Our sustainable crafting fund supported by Creative Scotland has now drawn to a close, but we were delighted to be able to distribute over £1000 in subsidies throughout the project to help people participate that would have otherwise been unable to do so.
We have been granted funding by CLLD towards our social outreach programme that will allow us to run a series of workshops, free of charge, to groups of people who would not normally be able to access our services due to financial or other social constraints. With these free workshops we are hoping to engage under-represented groups in craft activities and demonstrate the benefits that craft can have on health and wellbeing.
We are currently applying for funding to reinstate our full subsidy programme. In the meantime we are able to offer financial support on a small number of spaces on some of our upcoming courses.
Who can apply for a subsidy?
Subsidised places are intended for those on lower incomes, for whatever reason, for example
- people in receipt of universal credit
- young people (over 16)
- people in low income jobs, or between jobs
- professional or non professional artists looking to upskill
- the list is endless
Subsidies are normally offered at a percentage of the course cost, the remaining balance must be paid upon booking to secure your place on the course. In some circumstances we might be able to reduce the cost further, please email us if you require a bigger cost reduction in order to come to a workshop. There are no restrictions on geographic location, you are welcome to apply from outside of our locality.
The following courses are available with 50% off the price shown under the current subsidy scheme:
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
We aim to offer concessionary spaces to students who would struggle to cover the cost of their course. If you would like more information on concessions available, or would like to discuss a discount or payment plan suitable to your circumstances please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our concessionary places are supported by the generous donations of our students through our ‘Pay It Forward’ scheme. Those who are able to are invited to contribute a little extra on top of their course cost to help support the attendance of people who might not otherwise be able to afford a place on one f our workshops.
How To Apply:
Please email us with answers to the questions below explaining why you qualify for a reduced cost workshop. A brief explanation is fine, we don’t need any personal details and any information you provide will be held in strictest confidence.
- Which of our courses would you like to attend? You can find a full list of available workshops on our website.
- How would a subsidised place on a craft workshop remove financial barriers excluding you from a creative education or experience?
- How would this opportunity advance your creative practise, or bring other benefits to your development or wellbeing?
Successful applicants will be sent a discount code that can be used to book your course online and should be applied on the checkout page.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Where there are more applications for subsidised places than spaces available the information you provide will be used to asses which candidates will benefit most from the placement
– CSSJ will not discriminate on the grounds of race, age, gender, ability, or any other protected characteristic. All candidates shall be treated equally and assessed on the merits of their responses
– All tuition and materials required to complete the course are included, but some workshops may offer additional tools and materials for sale, these are not included
– Non-attendance at the allocated workshop forfeits the subsidised place, no alternative will be offered
– If you are unable to take up the subsidised place as offered please notify us as soon as possible so that we can re-allocate your place to another applicant. If you give us sufficient notice, and spaces are available, it may be possible to transfer your subsidised place to a different workshop
“Everything was extremely well organised!”