We have partnered with Creative Scotland to bring you a new programme of sustainability focussed workshops, inspiring the next generation of makers to consider environmental impact through making and mending. We believe that hand craft skills are a vital part of efforts to reduce our environmental impact, and our proposed programme will nurture creative learning, highlight environmental best practice, and encourage the continuation of essential hand skills.
By offering half price places on our sustainability focussed workshops we aim to remove cost as a barrier to participation, enabling access for all to creative learning opportunities. We hope to encourage creative engagement locally and welcome participation from those who otherwise might not be able to engage with craft.
- Subsidised places are intended for those on lower incomes, for example if you are in receipt of benefits or universal credit, or you are on a low income.
- Subsidies are normally offered at 50% of the course cost, the remaining 50% must be paid upon booking to secure your place on the course.
- In some circumstances we might be able to reduce the cost further, please email us if you require a bigger cost reduction in order to come to a workshop.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email us with answers to the questions below explaining why you qualify for a reduced cost workshop. A brief explanation is fine, we don’t need any personal details and any information you provide will be held in strictest confidence.
- Which of our courses would you like to attend? You can find a full list of available workshops on our website.
- How would a subsidised place on a craft workshop remove financial barriers excluding you from a creative education or experience?
- How would this opportunity advance your creative practise, or bring other benefits to your development or wellbeing?
Successful applicants will be sent a discount code that can be used to book your course online and should be applied on the checkout page.
Silver Sea Glass Ring 2 Day Weekend Workshop10th & 11th September 2022 £170.00
Monday Early Evening Jewellery Class 5pm – 7pm – Autumn Term12 Sep - 12 Dec 2022 £300.00
Corrugation Workshop with Jill Leventon8th October 2022 £90.00
Corrugation Workshop with Jill Leventon9th October 2022 £90.00
Eco Metal – Recycling Silver15th October 2022 £85.00
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Where there are more applications for subsidised places than spaces available the information you provide will be used to asses which candidates will benefit most from the placement
– CSSC will not discriminate on the grounds of race, age, gender, ability, or any other protected characteristic. All candidates shall be treated equally and assessed on the merits of their responses
– All tuition and materials required to complete the course are included, but some tutors may offer additional tools and materials for sale, these are not included
– Non-attendance at the allocated workshop forfeits the subsidised place, no alternative will be offered
– If you are unable to take up the subsidised place as offered please notify us as soon as possible so that we can re-allocate your place to another applicant. If you give us sufficient notice, and spaces are available, it may be possible to transfer your subsidised place to a different workshop
“Everything was extremely well organised!”