Silver Stacking Rings Workshop
Sun 10th March
Join us for a one day introduction to silver jewellery making and create your own set of stacking rings can be worn together as a statement stack, or one at a time for everyday. Join us for a day of playing with texture and mixed metals to create a super versatile and creative collection of jewellery. We’ll look at different techniques to create texture and pattern, using our rolling mill, hammers and punches, and help you to compose a corresponding set of silver rings.
The silver stacking ring workshop will begin with a demonstration of how to make a basic ring out of wire. You’ll have plenty of time to experiment and practice this new technique until you are confident in moving on to make a set of three skinny stacking rings. Currently very trendy, different textures and finishes can be applied to allow each student to create an individually designed set of rings.
Level: Beginners and above
What to bring:
- We’ll provide everything you need for your spinner ring workshop including tools and enough silver to make a regular sized ring as pictured. You have the option to purchase extra silver at cost price if you’d like to go big and create a wide statement ring
- Please bring along glasses if you need them
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a studio environment including closed-toe shoes. Why not treat yourself to a CSSJ branded apron to make you feel right at home?
- If you have long hair please wear it up
- If you are the type of person who prefers to arm yourself with some knowledge ahead of time then we have prepared a Pinterest board filled with Stacking Ring information and inspiration just for you.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits supplied, bring your own lunch to eat in the studio or we can advise you of nearby places to eat
Sunday 26th November
11am – 4.30pm with a break for lunch.
Your class may run over slightly so please allow 30 minutes buffer time at the end when planning your day
**Please note: classes may be cancelled due to lack of attendees. In the unlikely event, you will be fully refunded and notified the day before the class is scheduled**