Silver Spinner Ring Workshop
Sat 25th November
This creative, one day, silver ring making class is an ideal introduction to making jewellery. Come along and make pleasingly fidgety spinner rings with us! These statement kinetic rings move and spin, making them great stress busters, little distractions to channel nervous energy. In just a day we’ll learn how to texture, shape and solder a set of rings in your own design.
Your class will begin with a demonstration of how to make basic rings out of wire and sheet metal. You will practice this technique before using all the new skills you’ve learned to make a statement spinner ring with moving wire components. You can apply different textures and finishes to your spinning rings to make your ring completely unique.
Level: Beginners and above
What to bring:
- We’ll provide everything you need for your spinner ring workshop including tools and enough silver to make a regular sized ring as pictured. You have the option to purchase extra silver at cost price if you’d like to go big and create a wide statement ring
- Please bring along glasses if you need them
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a studio environment including closed-toe shoes. Why not treat yourself to a CSSJ branded apron to make you feel right at home?
- If you have long hair please wear it up
- If you are the type of person who prefers to arm yourself with some knowledge ahead of time then we have prepared a Pinterest page filled with jewellery making information and roll printing inspiration just for you!
- Tea, coffee and biscuits supplied, bring your own lunch to eat in the studio or we can advise you of nearby places to eat
Saturday 25th November 2023
9.30am – 4:30pm with a break for lunch.
Your class may run over slightly so please allow 30 minutes buffer time at the end when planning your day
**Please note: classes may be cancelled due to lack of attendees. In the unlikely event, you will be fully refunded and notified the day before the class is scheduled*