Silver Ring Making Party
Sat 6 April
10am – 1pm
10am – 1pm
Max 7 participants
Treat yourself and your group to a silver ring making party with private use of our well equipped workshop and the undivided attention of one of our expert tutors. Our scenic riverside studio is the perfect setting for a crafty birthday bash, a family gathering, or a hen party to name but a few. Whatever the occasion, you’ll have a great day out learning how to make silver rings in a fun half day introductory session. Create your own set of made-to-measure, slim stacking rings that can be worn together as a statement piece or one at a time for everyday. You can get creative and make your own unique designs, or co-ordinate with your fellow party-goers to make matching jewellery to mark a special occasion.
Your day will begin with a demonstrations, taking you through the steps to make a simple sample band in brass or copper. We’ll explore different options for creating texture before learning how to size, shape and solder your rings, before moving on to make elegantly slim silver stacking bands.
- Cost includes full use of the studio for up to seven people, tuition, and enough silver to finish your project. Extra silver can be purchased from the studio at cost price if you want to make wider bands or additional rings.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits available throughout.
- Please bring along glasses if you need them
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn in the studio environment including closed-toe shoes. Why not order yourself a CSSJ apron to make you feel right at home in your workshop?
- If you have long hair please wear it up
- If you are the type of person who prefers to arm yourself with some knowledge ahead of time then we have prepared a Pinterest page filled with jewellery making information and inspiration just for you!
- Your booking can be secured with a 50% non refundable deposit. The full balance is payable three weeks ahead of the workshop date.
- Workshops take place at Central Scotland School of Jewellery, Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane
- Minimum age 16 years