Sea Glass Pendant & Earrings
Sat 24 & Sun 25 Feb
Join us for a weekend jewellery workshop for beginners and use silver and foraged beach treasures to create a stunning sea glass pendant & earrings set. If you love the thrill of collecting sea glass on the beach, and you’ve got a collection of beach finds that you’d like to make into precious keepsakes then this is the perfect course for you! You don’t need any previous experience to come along and start making silver jewellery using found objects. And if you don’t have your own collection of sea glass, worry not, we have a huge selection to choose from!
We’ll start at the very beginning, working our way through basic jewellery techniques such as sawing, drilling, filing and soldering. Your expert tutor will give step by step demonstrations and be on hand to guide you through each process. We’ll explore textures and patterns, and create a base that fits your selected piece of glass, and frame it using a simple but effective bezel setting, sometimes known as a rub-over setting. We’ll teach you how to safely drill your sea glass to add jump rings or earring fixtures too. You’ll leave at the end of the day with your completed sea glass pendant and earrings set. If you’re hooked after your day of making, we have starter tool kits available to buy in store that will get you all set up with your home jewellery studio. If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration in advance of your class why not check out our Pinterest Boards for a bit of inspiration to get you started?
Level: Suitable for all
What to bring
- We’ll provide all the things you’ll need for your sea glass pendant and earrings workshop including tools and silver, if you’d like to make a particularly large setting or use a longer chain there may be a small surcharge. You are also welcome to bring your own stone however it should be no smaller than a 5 pence piece and no bigger than a £2 coin.
- Please bring along glasses if you need them
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a studio environment including closed-toe shoes. Why not treat yourself to a CSSJ branded apron to make you feel right at home?
- If you have long hair please wear it up
- If you are the type of person who prefers to arm yourself with some knowledge ahead of time then we have prepared a Pinterest page filled with jewellery making information and roll printing inspiration just for you!
- Tea, coffee and biscuits supplied, bring your own lunch to eat in the studio or we can advise you of nearby places to eat
Sat 24 Feb, 10am – 4pm with a short break for lunch
Sun 25 Feb, 11am – 4pm with a short break for lunch
Your class may run over slightly so please allow 30 minutes buffer time at the end when planning your day
**Please note: classes may be cancelled due to lack of attendees. In the unlikely event, you will be fully refunded and notified the day before the class is scheduled**