Advanced Enamel Jewellery with Elizabeth Jane Campbell
Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd March
Level: Intermediate/ Advanced. This course is suitable for those who have completed the Introduction to Enamel weekend here at CSSJ or have previous experience.
Join award-winning Enamel Jeweller Elizabeth Jane Campbell for an insightful advanced enamel jewellery workshop filled with colourful and exciting techniques. We’ll cover traditional methods of enamelling such as champlevé, basse taille and cloisonné to expand on your existing enamel experience. We’ll work in both silver and copper, and explore different ways of mixing, layering, and juxtaposing colour, texture and pattern.
You are welcome to bring pre-prepared pieces of copper or silver to enamel in the workshop if you wish, or you can simply experiment and learn the new techniques by producing a set of samples to inform your future practice. Materials will be provided to make a simple finished piece of jewellery, such as earrings, or a pendant if you wish.
Your Tutor: Graduating in 2013 from Edinburgh College of Art, tutor Elizabeth Jane Campbell is a multi-award-winning enamel jeweller based in Edinburgh who teaches regularly here at CSSJ.
Day 1: Skills Tutorials – Elizabeth will present advanced enamelling techniques through live demonstrations and presentations of a rich variety of samples. Students will experiment throughout the day.
Day 2: Design & Make – Students will have the chance to design and make finished sample pieces using the techniques that they have learned with Elizabeth and of course, she will be on hand to offer advice and expertise.
What to bring:
- We’ll provide all the things you will need to advance your enamelled jewellery including tools, copper and chain for a pendant. However, if you want to make a particularly large piece or additional pieces, extra copper and silver can be purchased directly from the school at cost price.
- Please bring along glasses if you need them
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a studio environment including closed-toe shoes. Why not treat yourself to a CSSJ branded apron to make you feel right at home?
- If you have long hair please wear it up
- Students will not be permitted to eat lunch in the studio due to health and safety issues relating to enamel powders, but we can recommend somewhere on the High Street to grab some tasty treats
- If you are the type of person who prefers to arm yourself with some knowledge ahead of time then we have prepared a Pinterest board filled with enamel information and inspiration just for you!
Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd March
10 am – 4.30 pm with lunch breaks. Please note that public transport options are limited on a Sunday morning and may require advanced planning.
**Please note: classes may be cancelled due to events outside of our control or lack of attendees. If this occurs you will be notified before the class is due to commence and offered a choice between a replacement class or a full refund of your fees**